Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

Garmin Vivosmart HR. It was set with the correct time and

Customer Question

Garmin Vivosmart HR. It was set with the correct time and date. Today it is showing one hour ahead, but with the correct date. I tried to Sync it with both the Samsung Smart Phone and my computer to change the date, but it did not work. Help!
Marianne 02/24/16
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi Marianne, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Vivo smart HR?

When did this problem first occur?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just purchased VivoSmart HR for Christmas 12/25/15. Problem occurred today, 02/24/16. Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Thanks Marianne,

This can be due to one of two things in most cases. Either the system is down or needs a factory reset on the Garmin Vivosmart HR. Or it needs a software update. But since your unit is so new and still fully covered under Garmins warranty please visit this site for free assistance and repair if needed. They will fix this free for you in either case;-)

I wish this was something you could do simply from here but they will help free of charge.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day Marianne!

After rating, please visit this site: http://www8.garmin.com/support/repair.jsp

Or call as I would:(800)(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
CANCEL MY PAYMENT - YOUR ANSWER WAS NOT WORTH THE $5.00 I SPENT. CANCEL EVERYTHING.!!!!!
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi good morning, I am just a technician and I did give you well thought out valid answer and solution to your problem.

I only receive credit for my time if you rate my service kindly.

I am only here to help you.

Have a nice day.

Tech Michael