Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I just got a tomtom 6000 trying to set it up it will not let

Customer Question

I just got a tomtom 6000 trying to set it up it will not let me choose my county it is not on there
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what is the answer to my question
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
when I first turn it on hit ask you what language it's got United States English I check now it ask what country the United States is not on there every country but that what do I do
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello anyone there

Where did you purchase it and what country are you trying to use? Models are specific to regions and will only work in the region where purchased.

Assuming you are I the US for example, a TomTom 6000 EU would not work since it is for Europe.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it come from Trowbridge Wiltshire United Kingdom

And you are in the US? If so, that is the wrong model. You need the US model.