Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a model s910w and I can't the receiver to recognize

Customer Question

I have a model s910w and I can't the receiver to recognize the second subwoofer.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What do you mean by cannot be recognized? Does the 2nd not output a test tone for the setup mic?
If you swap the leads to the 2 subs, does the sub that initially wouldn't work still not do anything?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When we go into set up, only one sub will give the tone, if we switch the subs the other sub will work we still get just one sub, both subs will work as long as that they are set in #2 terminal. I'm only showing one sub in the configuration.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Are you using the setup mic?
Do you have your main (front) speakers set to large or small?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Speakers are set to large, and we have tried Manual set up and tried using the set up mic, I would prefer to use the set up mic.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I would recommend the mic as well.

Try setting your fronts to small and run it again to see if the 2nd is recognized.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still did not recognize both subs.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay we'll need to do a microprocessor reset next.

Power the denon off

press and hold the tuner preset +/- buttons on the front

keep holding while powering back on, and hold until the display starts flashing, then release and run through the setup again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm getting sound out of both subwoofers but will it ever ask to configure the second subwoofer? Or does it just recognize both of them as one?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This depends on the other configurations of the system.

Typically it treats them as 1 in most cases.

The only time it would recognize them separately and send different signals to each is if you had the front speakers on small in which case 1 sub is used to reinforce the bass for the fronts, and the other is used for LFE.