Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My digitech rp-1 lights up but won't show the normal screen

Customer Question

my digitech rp-1 lights up but won't show the normal screen where you select sounds etc. any tips on how to get it to display the normal settins?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi Cliff,

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

If the RP1 lights up but nothing is showing on the display, check if it still functions ok when you use it.

If the system is still functional, then it is likely that either the display cable has come loose or the display itself has failed and will need to be replaced.

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Your nearest Digitech service center may be able to replace the display for you, or a good local electronics repair tech could repair it for you.

http://digitech.com/en-US/support

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the rp1 does not work while the display is empty, it makes a noise even on the lowest volume setting, I need to be able to change settings for it to work. this thing is solid steel there's no loose display wire it' s a tank. it happened 10 years ago but I've forgotten what I was told to get going again. it was on youtube , not there anymore. cliff
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

You could try a reset:

Power off the RP1, press and hold the Utility button, turn the RP1 on, then press Parameter Up whilst still holding the Utility button.

Let me know if that works?