Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

The radio on my Garmin Rino 520 hcx is in disrepair. I can

Customer Question

The radio on my Garmin Rino 520 hcx is in disrepair. I can transmit but can't receive.
This has become a valuable tool for me and I would love to get it repaired. Is there something that I can do to repair this or do I need to send it in for repair.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

For something like thisthis, I would have it repaired by Garmin. Considering potential fines for radio equipment that isn't functioning correctly, it is cheaper in the long run. Some people are surprised about the extent to which the FCC enforces its rules. Also, even if it is out of warranty, Garmin offers reasonable flat rates for repair. You can see the prices and instructions on what to do next at the following page:

http://bitli.es/E27VMl

Please let me know if you have any questions.