Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am looking processor board Denon AVR2308

Customer Question

Hi I am looking for a processor board for a Denon AVR2308 1U-3852-2223852101
would be grateful for any help you can give
Thanks Tony
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Hi Tony and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, would you consider an alternate approach? While waiting for a donor/replacement board, consider component level repairs.

A good number of issues with this model could be traced to low or missing voltages. Proposed preliminary tries then (if have not been done):

• • test for the presence and consistency of the different voltages;
  • • measure voltage outputs of all the 3-terminal regulators;
  • • check the electrolytic capacitors tied to the output pins of the regulators including those rated for 6.3V such as C241.

Do you have a copy of the Service Manual / schematic diagrams?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
These preliminary checks have been done & the board needs to be replaced. Can you try & source one for me please.
Thanks Tony
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

I understand Tony and unfortunately, this board is no longer readily available. I realize that this information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Hopefully another member could provide an alternate approach to your concern. The question would be re-opened as I would opt out.

Still, good luck with the Denon.