Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I have a Pioneer VSX-50 receiver and it appears I have an

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer VSX-50 receiver and it appears I have an error message. I have talked to other technicians and they all agree that I need software update. The receiver is out of phase: the sound goes off and on and makes raspy electronic noises. If I leave it on, it comes into phase and begins to work. What is wrong? Again people tell me I need a software upgrade but I can't find it. Can you tell me where to download the upgrade.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. That is a rather unusual symptom, changing the phase would require either a polarity reversal (physical) or a delay in the amp circuits. If one side is a bit slow, that would cause a phasing issue, and is likely due to a weak capacitor on that side.

Let's try the firmware update first, click here. Tell me if you see any improvement.