Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I bought one beosound1 in a 2nd handmarket good price but

Customer Question

Hello, i bought one beosound1 in a 2nd handmarket for a good price but the problem i discober later is that it works only during 3 minuts and then ask me a pin code. Its possible i get some kind of master key to unblock ?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

The only way to get it to work is request a mastercode which will only be supplied to the owner of the product or from beosound. To get this you have to contact your local beosound dealer and provide them with an ID and proof of purchase. They will normally provide it to you at no charge.

The reason is that this PIN is an anti-theft mechanism and it cannot be defeated. There is a good chance the previous owner didn't even know he or she had a pin. It is usually set by the dealer once, with no need to enter it again, unless it has been removed from power for an extended period.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello, that answer it is not enough,
I know i already that i have to go to a dealer , but because i bought it in a 2nd hand market there is no papers , that's why i pay 24 eur to get a code from you because i read that you are experts in electronic.

We are. But the answer is the answer. I'm not making it up. If you already knew you had to go to a dealer, what made you think that asking an expert would change the answer? I am only allowed to provide you with accurate infomration. If you purchased this second hand, then all you need to have is a printout of the purchase transaction - whether credit card, paypal, etc. If there is no proof whatsoever available that you own it, then I'm afraid it will not be usable. This is the anti theft mechanism serving it's purpose. I wish I had a different answer for you, but I'm not creating the answer, just telling you what it is.