Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Sterling 950 quit 4 days after replacing batteries
,

Customer Question

sterling 950 quit 4 days after replacing batteries
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: quit working replaced batteries and it has quit again
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Is there anything else important you think the Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It may be - depending upon what kind (or, 'technology') of batteries you put in the Sterling stairlift - that the batteries really have failed, or it may be that the charging of them is inadequate or faulty.

Batteries of kinds other than lead-acid, might fail because of over-quick charging and overheating.

If you have the ability to measure the charging voltage on your batteries' charger, you can test for excessive, or insufficient, voltage, which if you can do it would be a good idea.