Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a cab with 2 jacks and 4x 12 8 ohm speakers the jacks

Customer Question

I have a cab with 2 jacks and 4x 12 8 ohm speakers the jacks are mono how should i wire it for a bugera 333xl head that swithches 8/16/4 ohms
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Hi Roland and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, wire two (2) speakers in series which would result to 16Ω and connect to 1 of the mono jack. Do the same for the other 2 to the other jack.

Please click HERE.

If only 1 jack (hence only 1 speaker pair) is connected to the 333XL, then set its IMPEDANCE selector switch to 16Ω.

On the other hand if the 2 jacks from the cab are connected to the 2 jacks of the Bugera, then set the IMPEDANCE switch to 8Ω.