Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Marantz 1604 firmware update just failed and now the unit

Customer Question

Hi Marantz 1604 firmware update just failed and now the unit has no output
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. During update of firmware LCD said connection failed and its been restarting and attempting to continue updating and failing. I tried a factory reset and now there is no output. the only thing still functioning is the front display but no output to speakers
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you assist?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

If the connection failed during the firmware update then the system will be unable to boot itself normally again until the firmware is reinstalled manually.

This will need to be done at a Marantz service centre using their specialist firmware installation equipment -

you can contact the Marantz distributor in Australia, Qualifi, to arrange this, at (03) 8542 1144 or *****@******.***