Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have replaced the battery on my eh-23ga watched & it is

Customer Question

i have replaced the battery on my eh-23ga watched & it is dead no led etc i checked voltage to make sure battery is good & have 3.45 volts & have the plus side up
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.
Customer: I already did above!
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: I put in a new battery that I checked to make sure was good - I am positive I have put the battery in correctly - My watch is a EH-23-GA model - what else can be wrong?
JA: Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Its an accurate Radio Controlled Time and Data watch water resistant up to 100 feet - what else would he need to know?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Clock Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That's a shame. It's something that might be corrected, though.

1. a watch-size battery is sometimes defective. ?Try another battery?

2. did any part fall out when you took out the old battery? some watches regrettably do have a little jigger of metal inside with the battery, that can fall out, rendering the watch inoperative when it is not put back in correctly. I had a case like that once.

3. if the watch is not new, it may be reluctant to re-start after stopping. (Not that a watch with an LED display is likely to have this problem.) Leave it on a shelf for a few days, take it and give it a tap, it might possibly come to life again.

After which, it will have to be taken to a watchmaker's shop to be opened, examined, cleaned perhaps, and hopefully restored to operating condition.

Note: if the battery you replaced the old battery with was not an exact replacement, that could be a problem too.