Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a zte avid that due to legal proceedings I cannot

Customer Question

I have a zte avid that due to legal proceedings I cannot hard reset but I forgot my pattern lock. Also there was no option like "forgot pattern" to use and o have 3 different gmail accounts connected to it and still nothing.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the lock is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

The first thing to do is switching off the device by holding down the Power key for a short while.Hard Reset

In the next step press and hold the Volume Up + Power button for a short while.

Release held keys as soon as you see an Android image.

Then choose "wipe data/factory reset" by using Volume buttons to navigate and Power key to confirm.

Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume Down button to scroll and Power rocker to select.
In order to restart the phone, select "reboot system now".

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you