Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm looking the pinout or to buy a cable to attach an

Customer Question

I'm looking for either the pinout or to buy a cable to attach an external source to my Bose Acoustimass 5 series 3 subwoofer - 5-pin DIN it looks like..haven't opened it up to see how many are active but suspect 4? L + R?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I lost the cable to connect the source system to my Acoustimass 5 Series 3 subwoofer... I can set the DIP switch setup to always have the bose powered on and not be looking to switch when the source is on so I only really need the L + R?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model / series of the Acoustimass. Bose Acoustimass 5 series 3

Still, please click HERE for the wiring pinout of a 5-pin DIN used by Bose on some of its other models.

Alternatively, manually power on the Acoustimass. With a straightened paperclip end probe the inside of the DIN 1 pin at a time. The left and right lines would produce a humming sound.

Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Any developments with the project?