Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm looking the pinout or to buy a cable to attach an

Customer Question

I'm looking for either the pinout or to buy a cable to attach an external source to my Bose Acoustimass 5 series 3 subwoofer - 5-pin DIN it looks like..haven't opened it up to see how many are active but suspect 4? L + R?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I lost the cable to connect the source system to my Acoustimass 5 Series 3 subwoofer... I can set the DIP switch setup to always have the bose powered on and not be looking to switch when the source is on so I only really need the L + R?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model / series of the Acoustimass. Bose Acoustimass 5 series 3

Still, please click HERE for the wiring pinout of a 5-pin DIN used by Bose on some of its other models.

Alternatively, manually power on the Acoustimass. With a straightened paperclip end probe the inside of the DIN 1 pin at a time. The left and right lines would produce a humming sound.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Any developments with the project?