Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

My Golf Buddy GPS watch won't charge. I plug it into a wall

Customer Question

My Golf Buddy GPS watch won't charge. I plug it into a wall unit. I has always charged in the past. Actually, it charged properly last weekend but will not charge at the moment.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I tried charging with the power switch on but it does not seem to increase the battery power (battery icon shows less that half power remaining). I also tried it with the power switch off but it does not seem to charge at all.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Buddy and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit and see if it charges.

Let me know the results please

Thank you