Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I'm trying to purchase a lightweight two-way radio system

Customer Question

Hello - I'm trying to purchase a lightweight two-way radio system with the surveillance earpiece to use during our large off-site meetings. I'm looking for a radio that is not heavy. If they are too heavy, they won't use them. They want the comfortable ear piece that doesn't show with the PTT feature. Any suggestions. When I find an earpiece I like, it tells me it works with about 30 different radios, but they don't list the weight of the radio. If I'm wearing a skirt or slacks, I don't want a heavy or bulky radio. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. My company uses the Motorola MH230R radios, which are very light weight. They're only a few ounces each, with the battery. Although the manufacturer doesn't specify the weight, I'm holding on to one right now, and it's less than a pound. They will work without affecting your skirt, and they are small comparative to other radios.

The headset is a PTT, but the ones that come with the radio are very uncomfortable. You can use any PTT headset with a 2.5mm 3 pin jack. It's a little smaller than a headphone jack, so make sure you get the one with the single 2.5mm jack, and it is compatible with these radios. If you are unsure, and want me to check the specs, tell me the model number of the headsets you're looking at, and I'll be happy to check it for you.