Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

Cannon mx920 blinking blue lite and at same time blinking

Customer Question

cannon mx920 blinking blue lite and at same time blinking yellow orange lit lower left corner
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Wayne.

Do you see anything else on the printer display screen, or any specific error messages there?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for confirming.
Unfortunately, there is no quick or easy fix here. This message indicates a hardware problem, specifically
that that the internal "ink absorber system" is full. The ink absorber is a series of pads/tanks, which catch
drips from the printhead when parked, and is also used for maintenance tasks like cleaning and purging.
Eventually this absorber fills up, and the printer shuts down operations, as continuing to operate it can
result in ink overflowing the system, damaging your desk, flooring, etc
While it is sometimes possible to temporarily reset the counter, this is dangerous as the system will likely
overflow. Cleaning/emptying/replacing the system is a difficult and messy process as well, best left to a
qualified service technician. This service is generally not practical though - it's going to run you $150-250 for
repairs, which just isn't worth it for an older printer. This is a 4 year old model, that was built for a maximum service
life of 3 years. If you have reached the point that the absorber has filled, then other wear items like the
printhead, feed rollers, etc are also going to be at the end of their lives and need service/replacement soon.
Given the costs and complexity of fixing this issue, you'd be better off replacing the printer. You can get a
brand new and better machine, with current technology and a fresh warranty, for about $80, which makes
more sense than investing in the older machine.
I can recommend replacement options for you if you'd like, or if you'd prefer to try having it serviced or
working on it yourself, I can advise further on those options. Replacement would be your best bet though,
economically speaking.
Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not satisfied easy to say to expensive to fix get a new one i read the first on is free cancel everthing get my deposit back and no charge for anythig and unsubscrib me from every thing
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you, Wane. Your printer is giving a specific error pattern that indicates a specific underlying hardware fault. I cannot change the facts. I can only diagnose and explain the problem and give you practical advise for how to proceed, based on the information provided by you.

You have a 4 year old model printer that is well past its designed maximum service life by the manufacturer and has already exceeded any value that could be reasonably expected of it.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.