Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I HAVE A SAMSUNG TV. THE TROUBLE WITH IT IS THE AUDIO CUTS

Customer Question

I HAVE A SAMSUNG TV. THE TROUBLE I AM HAVING WITH IT IS THE AUDIO CUTS OUT AFTER 5MIIIUTES.I HAVE O TURN THE TV OFF AND THEN TURN IT BACK ON AGAIN TO GET THE AUDIO GOING AGAIN.I AM HOOKED UP TO WI-FI WITH A ASUS ROUTER BUT I AM ALSO DIRECTLY HOOKED UP TO AN ANTENNA AND IT DOES THE SAME THING ON THAT HOOK UP TOO. THE TV HAS A BUILT IN AUDIO SHUT OFF . WHEN I TURN THE TV ON IT EMITS A SIGNAL THAT TURNS OFF THE STATIC THAT I RECEIVE IN MY WIRELESS HEADPHONES. WHEN THE TV IS EMITTNG THE SILENT SIGNAL I CAN TURN THE IV TO A NETFLIX STREAMING CHANNEL AND I WILL GET THE SOUND FROM THAT PROGRAM WHICH WILL LAST ABOUT 5 MIN OR UNTIL THE TV STOPS EMITTING THE SIGNAL.WHAT IS WRONG . WITH MY TV?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Lawrence and welcome

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE SAME THING HAPPENED. THE TV SHUT DOWN THE AUDIO AFTER A FEW MIN
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. This is why the audio is cutting out, it will be a faulty capacitor on the board as the usual culprit.

We have ruled the other causes out for this

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you