Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

KX-TG5622M on MENU--Initial Setting---Caller ID edit (What

Customer Question

KX-TG5622M on MENU--Initial Setting---Caller ID edit (What does that mean)
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This is where you'd edit the display format of the caller id, so it would show (or not show) a 1, or the area code, in front of the callers number, which may be necessary to adjust so the "redial" key can work properly, if your phone service carrier requires that you dial in a certain format.

This has nothing at all to do with your tv. The panasonic phone is an independent device. If your cable/satellite box is capable of showing caller id info, it would work automatically, there is nothing you'd have to do for that on the panasonic phones.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see the caller ID on the phone. What I am trying to get is the caller ID to show on my TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

That is not a function of the panasonic phones in any way.

Your tv won't have that capability directly.

If you get your phone service from the cable co, and your tv service too, it would be automatic if you have a compatible cable box.

If you have satellite, and have a satellite box that is capable of this feature, one of the sat boxes would have to be plugged into the phone line.

If you are unsure of the equipment you have or what features it supports, you'd need to contact your cable/satellite provider directly for that, and they may need to give you an updated box for that purpose.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.