Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

Hardware: Kindle Fire Model #SV98LN gen 5 Netgear Model

Customer Question

hardware:
Kindle Fire Model #SV98LN gen 5
Netgear Model WNR1000v2
Problem:
router is definitely working, as the network which Kindle wants to access is the Network being broadcast by Netgear.
Kindle has picked up this network, but will not connect to it, so I can't register it device w/Amazon.
I've been at this for hours, resetting the router's Security Options to "WPA2-PSK [AES])", and the Mode Setting to: "Up to 65 Mbps b/g/n mixed mode (neighbor friendly)". These were both recommended by Netgear.
Kindle picked up the security change just fine, displaying it w/appropriate Network name, and says "Poor Signal". The Kindle is about a foot from the antenna, and sometimes says "excellent" (signal). The flashing display "authorizing" has been going on for hours. Still no connection. Just going in circles. Please advise JohnG
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and connect.

Let me know the results please

Thank you