Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have JVC NT 700 4 years now, an I turned the volume up an

Customer Question

I have JVC NT 700 for about 4 years now, an I turned the volume up an it just maxed all the way simply by me pushing the manual hard button. I pressed the lower volume button an it went straight to zero an it's stuck on the screen as zero volume. I did a hard reset on it now the touch screen won't respond it's stuck on the set up screen. What can I do to fix it or should I replace it because a forced ejected didn't work either on the touch screen
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi Prentice and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried gently tapping on these buttons?

A strong possibility is that these buttons are stuck/erring and causing a 'HALT' on the bootup process.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have done that, it's stuck on start up screen where I have to choose a language. Can the touch screen system be replaced?
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

An authorized Service Center would be more to your advantage:

• • product familiarity;
  • • replacement parts availability;
  • • Service manuals and Bulletins;
  • • standardized service fees and parts cost.

Please click HERE.

Or are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?