John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a WSX-D814 receiver. The system has been working

Customer Question

I have a WSX-D814 receiver. The system has been working correctly for years. My left channel no longer works. When I do the surround audio test when it gets to the left side check it comes out of the left upper side surround speaker instead. It comes out that same speaker when it is testing the left upper channel as well. I have changed the left speaker wires to a different channel it works fine. Any ideas?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, to your concern:

• • bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Pioneer, perhaps a VSX-D814;
  • • have you tried a RESET;
  • • have you inspected for any loose strand of the speaker wire that may be inadvertently touching the other red speaker terminals.