Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

How do I connect my kindle to wireless. I just ordered 2

Customer Question

How do I connect my kindle to wireless. I just ordered 2 books and as I am not connected they are not there. Is it possible for someone to call and talk me through this?
***-***-**** ******
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

First, do you have a wireless network available there?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a wireless connection in my home.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, on your Kindle, go to Settings, Wifi.

Choose your wifi network from the list, enter your password ***** asked and it will then connect you

Let me know how you go please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how do I get to settings??? I type that in and go nowhere? I am not good with this so please be kind
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

No problem, I have a film that shows you how to do this, can you follow it here please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcnTX4_GAOA

Let me know please how you go.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, I get blocked plug in and every time that I download what I am supposed to do they want me to buy a cloud for $99 so I get nowhere. I am now on wi-fi error message. It says that I am unable to connect to my 744 connection so press set up to enter your password ***** or manually set up your network
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, so you are able to now connect, the next issue your having is your entering in the wrong wireless password.

Do you have a windows computer already connected to wifi?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have 2 macs connected to wi fi and one dell. They all work. I am once again told that my password ***** ***** so what next
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thanks

We can get the password ***** the dell

Press the windows key + R and type in

ncpa.cpl

Press enter

Right click on the wireless connection and click on Status

Then click on wireless properties

Click on the Security Tab and then click on Show Characters and you can then see the wireless password ***** to use

Then use this password

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Talk me through this on the MAC please.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok,

Open /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access, it will show you a list of stored entries. If you click the Kind column header, it will sort by kind, go to the section where AirPort network passwordsare stored.

Double-click the name of the network you are using (if you don't know the name of the network, you can find it in the WiFi menulet (the concentric quarter circles toward the right side of your menu bar).

Check the Show password box, enter your system password, and click the Allow button.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have gone to applications and hit the allow button. It says access to this item is not restricted. Save changes. So what next
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

You need to do the instructions as I actually listed, not go to applications and hit allow... thats not what the instructions said to do.

Can you please take the time and carefully follow the steps I gave you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Richard, I have to leave for an appointment. I will get back to you when I return.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have followed your instructions. Gone to key chain. hit kind I have hit the show password ***** and they tell me that what I have entered is the incorrect password. I changed this password ***** year so I am certain that I have the correct one...
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, then the Mac is not connected to the wireless as it could not connect with the incorrect password.

Although are you entering it in using capitals ect where indicated?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I fired up my other labtop which is connected to the internet and still can not get to where you are asking. I went to system preferences and found internet and Wireless, can we work from there?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

No, we can only work from where my instructions say

You said a dell computer, can we not use this as its easiest for you..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The Dell has my Catering program on it. Otherwise I do not know how to work with it. I think that this is hopeless so I would like to stop this and have you refund my deposit. Please respond. I do not want to pay anymore for this service as I am not good at the computer. I will also cancel my two orders for my kindle and just buy the books. Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

yeah ok. You go to the below address to get a refund

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund