Russell A.
Russell A., Technician
Experience:  30 years of broadcast television, technical and engineering experience.
24675295

I have a sony a65 with base lenses. the camera is now old

Customer Question

I have a sony a65 with base lenses. the camera is now old and malfunctioning. Im looking to replace it and are unsure what to do???
I have looked at the a77 and although im only a point and shoot person photography is very important to me.
So I need to know as my budget is limited do the lenses that fit the a65 fit the and work properly on the a77 body.
I would only be looking to replace the body and maybe get a pinwheel lense (the effect of the lense interested me).
So I have a standard lense kit 2 that comes with the camera infact I think the long distance lense is a Minolta.
I love the camera but have a once in a lifetime trip planned this year to London, Paris and New York and don't want to mess up my photos.
HELP ME PLEASE
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell A. replied 10 months ago.

The Sony a65 & a77 are both fully functional with all of the same lenses. Please see the comparison on the page at the link below. Scroll down about 2/3 of the page for the lens data.

http://cameradecision.com/compare/Sony-SLT-A65-vs-Sony-SLT-A77-II

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.

If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate or has provided a reasonable alternative solution, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.

Thank you

The problem with your old camera is that the CCD (the light sensitive chip that produces the image) or the connection to it has failed.

If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate, or has provided a reasonable alternative solution please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.

Thank you