Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

I bought a phone system, KX-TGE230. The answer machine will

Customer Question

I bought a phone system, KX-TGE230. The answer machine will answer for businesses, political stuff, and charities. However, it always tells my friends and family that the system is not set up--which it is. I've wondered if I inadvertently did something with the groups though I've not tried to do anything with sorting out who is in what group.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line (not part of the MAIN system), and if so, are they working properly?

4) If you have access to another phone line (such as a cell phone or neighbor's phone) - so YOU can call your own phone number and hear the announcement? If so, please make that TEST CALL and let me know EXACTLY what announcement you hear.

Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
4 handsets w/ system. 2 other phones plus HP Photosmart 7525 printer. Centurylink service. I have a cell phone. Will call now.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.

Very good.

For that call, just make sure you allow several rings for the system to pick up. And it might be a good idea to COUNT the number of rings you hear - before the system picks up.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)