Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We had a power outage on friday and my control 4 remote just

Customer Question

we had a power outage on friday and my control 4 remote just says "waiting for network". can you help?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, shut Off everything. Your remote (and remove the batteries in it too), the TV, the TV box if you have one, everything involved in your remote's use. Including the local network router, and modem box, if you have one.

Leave it all that way for 1 hour - or longer.

Then power On the TV first, then the TV box, then other things incl. the network boxes. Note whether the normal lights appear on the network boxes, and if you have a computer, try and find out whether you have internet through the network boxes.

If you have no internet or the lights on the network boxes don't show normal status, that's probably where the problem is, not in the Control 4.

Then, put the batteries back into your Control 4 remote last. Try the Control 4 remote - once the 'waiting for network' message disappears.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it did not work. the wifi indicator does not stay illuminated. when we reboot it flashes an orange wifi then a blue wifi but it does not stay on. the tv is working, but the remote is not.

Which device is that orange WiFi light, then blue WiFi light, showing up on?

Can the TV access internet?