Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I am just connecting the xfinity cable box sent last year

Customer Question

Customer: I am just connecting the xfinity cable box sent last year and have the same problem with Logitech 890 not controlling new box, though extender is properly placed. I didn't program it originally, so would need step by step instruction if I am to delete the old cable box and reprogram the new one. Any help appreciated!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The logitech remote that controlled all my devices no longer works on the new cable box from xfinity. That is about all I know. I have placed the wire from the extender on the front of the new box where it should pick up the signal, but still no results.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

You will need to reprogram the remote to work with the new box.