Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I live in Arlington TX (between Dallas & Ft Worth in case

Customer Question

I live in Arlington TX (between Dallas & Ft Worth in case you don't know). Why is it so hard to find someone/a shop that will replace the glass on any brand of tablet other than IPad?
I'm willing to drive to FW or Dallas.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Carl.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

It is generally possible to get this work done on the better name brand products, like a samsung galaxy tablet for example.

You aren't finding any for your unit, and likely won't get any response or support from RCA, because rca is one of many of the "junk" brands on the market that just aren't supported. They don't make parts readily available, and even when they do most shops won't touch them, because the overall build quality is so poor that more often than not the underlying electronics are damaged or the casing falls apart when trying to replace the glass. That issue is compounded because of the costs involved, as these "off brand" tablets can usually be replaced for less than you'd spend to fix them. They are essentially considered to be disposable.

The only company that *may* be willing to help you, contingent on being able to access the parts of course, is http://www.missionrepair.com/

You can take it in or ship it in to them, but again for an rca tablet you're probably better off just replacing it entirely.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.