Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

We have moved house and the remote has been lost. We have

Customer Question

We have moved house and the remote has been lost. We have purchased two universals and neither has worked. What do I do?! Model number is ***** John
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

What is the device for which you need the remote? I need to know the manufacturer and model so I can help.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is an Electroview LCD. Model number EV32.

One of your remotes should have what is called the "power scan" method. This will allow you to go through a series of steps to find commands that will work with an unknown device. If you have the model of your remotes, that might be the best way to go.