Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I cannot wirelessly connect my Nikon AW130 to my iPhone

Customer Question

Customer: I cannot wirelessly connect my Nikon AW130 to my iPhone
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I My iPhone 'sees' the Nikon. The Nikon gets to the point where there is a spinning 'icon' after Password: on the screen of the camera, which keeps spinning until I get a message which says; 'Cannot connect'
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Camera and Video Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

On the iPhone, can you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.

Let the iPhone restart and then try to connect and tell me if it now connects please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that, does not work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, can you remove the battery from the Nikon, wait 5 minutes and then put the battery in and then try to connect

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nikon appears on iPhone settings with a green tick beside it.Message on Nikon is 'Negotiating...........Please wait. With a rotating icon of small yellow/green boxes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just received error message 'Could not connect'
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the wireless mobile utility app from Nikon installed on the Phone?

Are you undertaking the steps exactly as specified here?

http://download.nikonimglib.com/archive1/7HPKt00C8Akv011BUx476FUzP434/D-WMUI__-010402BF-___EN-ALL___.pdf

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That manual only applies to cameras without built in wifi. My camera has built in wifi. The manual you provided tells me to refer to the manual provided with the camera. I have followed the steps outlined in the manual provided with the camera. The manual provided with the camera refers me tohttp://nikonimglib.com/ManDL/WMAU-ios/ which I cannot find
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Its the same whether they have built in wireless or not, apart from connecting the adapter.

The link you gave is to the manual I am showing you...

http://nikonimglib.com/ManDL/WMAU-ios