Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My garmin 541s has been working fine but today when i went

Customer Question

My garmin 541s has been working fine but today when i went out it would not show my position or track my movement - it does show speed and heading and lat-lon- it seems to be looked up on a position about 5 miles from where i am- help - thanks greg
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think a reset of it would be the first thing to try.

Press HOME, to return to the Home screen. Then deprive the Garmin of power - by removing the battery if necessary - and leave it that way for overnight or longer. Put the battery back in after that, turn it On, and see if its hangup has been cured.

If that doesn't work (for whatever reason), then try an update via Garmin Express:

When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.

Go to

http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html

and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.

Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.