Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I need the code to program a universal remote Sherwood

Customer Question

I need the code to program a universal remote for my Sherwood RX-4103 AM/FM Stereo Receiver.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, John.

What remote are you trying to use? Does your remote take 3,4, or 5 digits?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Four
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a GE brand remote.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

1077 is the specific (and only) IR codeset for your your particular model. Most basic universal remotes are not capable of controlling av receivers in general, and "off brand" units like the sherwood are even less likely to be compatible. At best, ***** ***** expect power and volume only (no source modes, no menu functions, etc). At worst, it won't work at all.

Your best option may be to purchase a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc. Because of the online database with specific codes for each model, this type of remote has much greater functionality than the basic universal remotes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The code you gave me doesn't work.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

That code may not work, as I mentioned previously.

That is the only code for your device. If it does not work, that is a limitation of your remote, not an issue with the code or receiver. It doesn't matter what code you use, that GE remote is not capable of controlling this receiver.

You will need a more robust remote, such as the logitech I recommended previously.

If you'd prefer a replacement OEM remote, I can help you find one of those.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.