Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

Do not know how to go to settings Want to give the device to

Customer Question

do not know how to go to settings
Want to give the device to a school library
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

What you'll want to do, Janice, is to factory reset (restore defaults) on the kindle. That will unlink it from your amazon account and clear out all of your settings, purchases, and personal information.

Swipe your finger down from the top of the screen, this will bring up the toolbar. There you'll see an icon that looks like a gear. Touch that, to enter settings.

From there, you should see a menu for DEVICE or ACCOUNT. Enter that, and you'll see the Restore Defaults (factory reset) option to select.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.