Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Thrane and Thrane sailor Mf/Hf 6360 series screen shows

Customer Question

my Thrane and Thrane sailor Mf/Hf 6360 series screen shows 'thrane thrane connecting to radio' but radio can not come on. power is ok. transciver model is TT6363A
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Corrosion is a danger to electronics working, in any maritime or riparian context. I advise you to turn off the equipment in the setup, then to examine all lines to the equipment, along their entire length, looking for breakage, cutting, severe bending, or leakage of corrosion or rust showing some small degree of breakage etc.

Then disconnect each connection along the lines, starting with the connector on the device, one at a time (so as not to confuse how to put them together again! which can happen.)

Then examine both sides of the connection, scrub off thoroughly with a clean dry brush, then wipe the metal with a clean dry rag until it shines, then re-connect firmly, and on to the next connection.

That may help with the problem. If it doesn't, tell me more about the components involved in the setup (I of course know that you have a 'Sailor MF/HF 6360' transceiver, that has a Thrane connection to some other device, devices, antenna perhaps, etc.)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Transceiver is already replaced. I will try some other time

OK. (If you are finished with this case, please rate my answer, so that this case may be closed. Thanks.)