John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

JBL EON 500 on/off switch sometimes not working. After

Customer Question

JBL EON 500 on/off switch sometimes not working. After turning on/off a couple times to on, it makes this cracking sound. What should I do?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and sorry but I have to ask, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Perhaps more importantly, are you familiar with the electronic parts and comfortable working with the unit live?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm considering a DIY repair approach. Don't have a multimeter or a soldering iron. I have taken the speaker apart twice before. First time was a loose screw floating around inside the unit. Second time was to tighten all screws inside the unit.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My number is ***-***-****
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

I understand and unfortunately can't on phone calls due to my location and the process of diagnosis/repairs.

Would you perhaps prefer another member and/or alternate approach to your concern?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You didn't answer my question?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just paid you $24! What are you doing?
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

The question would be re-opened as I would rather opt out.

I am not sure how to provide DIY/repair guide in the absence of a multi-meter and a soldering iron.