John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

JBL EON 500 on/off switch sometimes not working. After

Customer Question

JBL EON 500 on/off switch sometimes not working. After turning on/off a couple times to on, it makes this cracking sound. What should I do?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and sorry but I have to ask, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Perhaps more importantly, are you familiar with the electronic parts and comfortable working with the unit live?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm considering a DIY repair approach. Don't have a multimeter or a soldering iron. I have taken the speaker apart twice before. First time was a loose screw floating around inside the unit. Second time was to tighten all screws inside the unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My number is ***-***-****
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand and unfortunately can't on phone calls due to my location and the process of diagnosis/repairs.

Would you perhaps prefer another member and/or alternate approach to your concern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You didn't answer my question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just paid you $24! What are you doing?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

The question would be re-opened as I would rather opt out.

I am not sure how to provide DIY/repair guide in the absence of a multi-meter and a soldering iron.