Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

Vernon I'm looking adaptor tapes
, I just received a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Vernon I'm looking for a adaptor for Hi8 tapes
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just received a Panasonic VW-TCA7 cassette adaptor but my Hi8 tape will not fit in it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

To confirm, Vernon, you are looking for a Hi8 to vhs adapter?

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

The adapter you have is specific to CVHS (VHS-C, compact vhs) tapes, it is not built for 8mm tapes.

In fact, there is unfortunately not a direct adapter for 8mm, which can't be read by the head of a VHS system.

Now, there may be some (used) options for a HI8 player, which is essentially a mini vcr to play back your hi8 tapes.

Even those though are very difficult to find, and quite expensive due to the age/obsolescence and low supply.

Your best long-term option, if you have a collection of those tapes, would be to play them back in the camcorder or original recording device, via video capture device, and using that to archive the content onto a computer for transfer or storage to hard drive or dvd. Would you be interested in equipment to do that?

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.