Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I would like to display the video feed from a Samsung

Customer Question

I would like to display the video feed from a Samsung Smartcam P6410 Wifi security camera on a Samsung 8500 SUHD SmartTV. The cam web browser plug-in is not compatible with the TV browser, but the 2015 model 8500 does have the new Tizen User interface. it would make sense for Samsung to offer a SmartCam app that is compatible with this SmartTV interface, as they do provide an App for iOS and Android. It also appears that the Tizen based interface is the standard for them going forward in 2016 on the new UHD tv line as well.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Scott.

Unfortunately what you are trying to do simply will not work, at least not via any of the built in apps on the tv, or via the browser, at this time. It is possible they will offer a future app, but even that is unlikely, as their security solutions are a different division of the company, and really a different market than the consumer tvs.

There are some 3rd party options that you may be able to use though, such as using an ip camera viewer app on a fire tv or setting up a htpc for example.

Otherwise, the next best option is connecting the dvr video/hdmi out directly to the tv (assuming it is on site in the same location.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.