Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a sharp electronic cash register model ER -A420 that

Customer Question

I have a sharp electronic cash register model ER -A420 that has become very quite when you press the keys.We don't know that we have made an entry
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

what you are referring to is not a setting on the register, so if there is a problem with the sound coming from it, this would have to be a hardware problem. The sounds is produced by a small speaker on the PCB. In order to correct the issue, you will either have to replace the board, or the speaker itself. To replace the part is inexpensive, but will take some time and skill. Here is what the speaker will look like if you decide to take the project on yourself:

http://bitli.es/4Bvx75