Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My Panasonic phones read 'Line in use'. I can dial a number,

Customer Question

My Panasonic phones read 'Line in use' . I can dial a number, but get only loud static and buzzing. Last night I could hear a phone ring and able to talk to a friend over the buzzing, but this morning only buzzing.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Phone?

Also may I have the full model # ***** I can assist you correctly?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My phones are about six years old. The model number is *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As I sent before, my phones read 'line in use', and although I can dial a number, I get nothing but buzzing and static. Last night I did hear my friend's phone ring and was able to talk to him over the buzzing, but this morning, nothing but static.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi Thanks,

Have you tried unplugging them from the phone lines and their power source for 5 full minutes?

Please thy that and let me knwo if that clears the issue?

This could be a phone line issue, since all the phones are seeing this line busy condition.

If this doesn't clear the problem, try connecting one phone at a tiem see if you still have the busy condition, if so, then the phone provider is to blame and they need to fix the lines. If it still gives you trouble with only 1 phone hooked up then the phone is at fault.

I will send you an offer so we could talk on another phone line or a cell so I can help you better.

Let me know if you want that service?

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)

But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael

If not thats ok too;-)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can't use the phone, because the phone is the problem!
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi I mentioned maybe a cell or another line?

But either way try my suggestion, its the beginning of troubleshooting as I would do in the field;-)

Tech Mike

Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Its likely a bad line and not the phones, but how many phones are hooked to this line?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Michael-- Did what you suggested; unplugged the power source and the phone from the phone jack and waited. No difference; 'Line in use'. Not a busy signal; buzzing and zapping such as I have never heard. I have three phones; one on the connected home base and two roving, each on its own power source. All three have the same problem. This morning I will walk over to Verizon on Broadway at 109St. to see if there has been a problem with the line. But thanks for your present and future input, and I will certainly rate you the highest.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi Thank you for that. At this time, you need to pick up a cheap phone to try in the jack, while the other phone system is disconnected. If you still have the issue, there is a problem with the phone lines for sure.

But if the new phone works, then you know you need to sent that old one in for service or replace it ;-)

Thanks

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi for some reason my reply cam back as yours lol.

Please see:

11 Jan 2016, 10:13 AM

Customer

Thanks

Tech Michael