Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

My panasonic vhs-dvd recorder will not work after bringing

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my panasonic vhs-dvd recorder will not work after bringing it in from the shed after moving hourse. It powers on and says insert disc but will not read any type and I can get no display on the tv to try and get into a menu, any thoughts?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its a panasonic DMR-EZ48V
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Anthony replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Leaving it in the shed was not a good idea !

Leave the machine unplugged get a hairdryer and thoroughly dry the unit out leave for a couple of hours in a warm room and try again is about all you can do at this stage let me know how it goes

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I had left in the house for 3 days before I wrote but did what you said last night a no change. The machine does power up and sounds like it is trying to read the DVD before rejecting it (tried + and - R & RW's) and no menu appearing on the screen. Any further ideas? Thanks, Tim
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Is the issue only with the DVD, or the VHS will also not operate?