Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369

Entered my code and my safe will not open. what should I do?

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.

Hello, JoAnne and welcome!

What brand of safe do you have and what is the model number?

Does the safe also require a key to open, in conjunction with the code?

What does the display say, after you enter your code, if anything? Is the screen lit up or blank?

Thanks for all your additional information and please allow me some time to go through it and then send you my detailed answer.

Best wishes,

Cher

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sentry portable P00CD33400017
no screen,no key About 5X7
Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.

Hi again, JoAnne and thanks for your very helpful reply.

By 'no screen', do you mean your safe is not electronic, but has a dial combination? If so, are you sure of the dialing sequence? Also, do you have a 3 or 4 number combination? Tell me how your turned the dial to enter your combination. Are you 100% sure about your combination? Do you have your owner's manual? Have you changed the combination since you got the safe?

The number you provided: "P00CD33400017" looks like a serial number, not a model number. Do you see the model number anywhere on the safe? It would be shorter and typically near the upper door hinge on a badge-shaped sticker or it could be under, on or near the handle. Is this a 'safe box,' without a handle?

Thanks again, for all your additional information; the more details I have to work with, the more precise I can make my answer.

Best wishes,

Cher

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Never mind. I needed my medication so I forced the safe open. Discontinue my trial and charge me the amount $18. Thank you anyway.
Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.

Hi again, JoAnne and you're most welcome!

I'm glad you were able to force the safe open. I didn't realize it was an urgent matter and you needed your medication, as you hadn't mentioned that, but I'm glad all is now well!

In order to discontinue your trial, you will need to contact customer service, as Experts have nothing to do with the 'business end' of the site: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best wishes,

Cher