Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Casio te4500 character problem
, i have a te4500, when

Customer Question

Customer: casio te4500 character problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hello i have a te4500, when i did menu editing, the character is not what i typed, but became some strange characters, not recognized character. like ...//\\\\
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'm willing to pay. but can i put my real problem, which is i copied .900 from another te4500, it is not working, and it has those strange characters.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have two casio te4500, one is good, so i copied the .900 file from the good one, and recover the data to the second one. it can print, but when i am at REG mode, and press the plu, it has a beep. and i tried to programe the menu, but when i typed the characters, it became some strange character, like...\\[[, not recognized.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Those bad characters look like Unicode, just a little.

Is the 'bad' register in any sort of verified working condition, recently? and, when you enter characters, are you in the right mode? in the wrong mode, what you enter could be interpreted as Unicode, or as the wrong character set, etc.

You may have to try a reset of the cash register that is 'bad', but that would require reprogramming it from scratch.

If the first transfer of a .900 file does not work, try it over again, from the start. Perhaps the first try got corrupted in transit somehow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, thanks for your reply. the mode is good. I have tried many time to do this step.I even used a diferrent cf card to do this. any other advice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have reinstall the ipl, when in new ipl, it is ok, but when i recover the .900, it is not ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please let me know your reply. i urgently need it, thanks.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I don't have any further advice to offer on this problem, I'm sorry to say, except to try a reset to factory conditions or default conditions of the register with the problem, then re-do the programming from scratch.

In case another Expert has a better idea or quicker-to-the-goal sort of idea on this problem, that would work for you, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category, on that note.