Neil, Engineer
Experience:  NZ Certificate in Engineering Electronics & Computing 25 years exp
15873252

I'm trying to program a new remote with three buttons. I've

Customer Question

Customer: I'm trying to program a new remote with three buttons. I've completed the steps you described in an earlier reply. However, When I pushed the remote the third time the motor head came on solid then blinked three times rapidly. The remote still does not work. I did change the remote to the Intellicode1 before I started. Any suggestions? The ultimate plan is to program my 2015 Subaru Legacy Homelink.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The motor head was previously programmed for a Honda Odyssey and the original remotes stopped working but were replaced with the new remotes that work another door.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure. Your $18 is still cheaper than Lowe's new opener.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Neil replied 11 months ago.

What is the model of the opener?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ACSRG
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there any other information that would be helpful?
Expert:  Neil replied 11 months ago.

Sorry but working with another customer..

How many remotes in total will there be on this unit as it takes a maximum of seven I think

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I understand. That is a concern. I'm afraid over the years we've likely programmed that many. There should just be the Subaru, the wall button, and perhaps one more. I've not had a hand held remote for years because my Honda was programmed back in 06.
Expert:  Neil replied 11 months ago.

You can delete all and start again... You will need all the remotes there to learn them in after...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've tried that also. When I did that is when the motor head would light solidly then flash3 times rapidly
Expert:  Neil replied 11 months ago.

You might have a faulty receiver by the sounds...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is that ghee motor head or the remote?
Expert:  Neil replied 11 months ago.

In the motor unit...