Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

I am trying to program a xfinity remote Arris mx011anc to

Customer Question

I am trying to program a xfinity remote Arris mx011anc to operate a pioneer tuner vsx-72txv. what is the correct remote code?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Please click the link below and tell me which of those remotes you have:

https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
these codes did not work to solve my connection problem
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

I simply asked which remote you had. Can you reply back with that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
These codes did not work either
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Are you able to read my replies?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My remote is the XR2
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Did you already run through the specific following steps- yes or no please?

Turn on the Audio/Other you are programming.
2 Press and hold the "Setup" button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
3 Type in the 4-digit or 5-digit code listed below using the number buttons. Additional codes may be found in the remote manual.
Most likely code 31023
Others to try 31384, 31963, 30823, 30531, 33956
4 If the code is entered correctly, the status LED will blink green twice. If the status LED blinks red, then green the code was not entered correctly. Check that you are entering the correct code and try again.
5 Use the remote to operate your Audio/Other (use Power, VOL, etc.)
6 If these steps don’t work, try another 4-digit or 5-digit code and repeat the above.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried all of the codes that you sent me and the ones that were on the Xfinity screen
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Then this remote is not compatible with your Pioneer receiver. You will need a fully programmable universal remote like the Logitech Harmony. The Xfinity remote is designed to be a "basic" universal at best, ***** ***** are the ones that produce the codes. If none of the codes they have work- then it will not operate the newer Pioneer. The best solution would be one of the Harmony remotes at the link below. Logitech provides software that allows you to enter the specific model number of all of your devices and will then program itself to operate the Pioneer (and/or any other components you purchase in the future).

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/smart-home

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a Logitech Harmony 900. It controlled my tuner, but when I tried to program my Dvr box I erased its memory and now it will not recognize the signals from remote
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

You need to use the MyHarmony software and start from scratch to program "Watch TV" as an activity.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Or are you saying that your Pioneer receiver no longer responds to any commands from any remote?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried that but when I got to part about learning the IR signal it said that the signal was too weak and it would not lock in on the signal
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What was the exact and entire error about the weak signal including any numbers?