Russell A.
Russell A., Technician
Experience:  30 years of broadcast television, technical and engineering experience.
24675295

Friends. I have just bought a Nikon COOLPIX S7000 and am

Customer Question

Hi there friends. I have just bought a Nikon COOLPIX S7000 and am having great trouble charging the battery. Because the instruction booklet was missing from the box, I've had to resort to a PDF online version of the booklet. This is NOT the problem. The problem is knowing whether or not the battery is actually charging. I am using the correct connection from camera to AC (I'm in Australia) power source charger, and the instructions say that until the battery is fully charged a green charge light will flash slowly. It will then stop. How do I understand the term "slowly"? Is it once a second, once every five seconds etc? Pleqase ... HELP? Sincere regards, ***** *****
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lawrrence,

The slow flash that the manual refers to is a gradual fade close to a rate of 5 seconds. The flash that indicates that there is a problem is .5 to 1 second (more of a blink). Approximately 2 hours should complete the charge.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.

If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate or solves your issue, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.

Thank you