Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

We have a Night Owl video surveillance system, The system is

Customer Question

We have a Night Owl video surveillance system , The system is not connected to the internet . Can it be accessed from a different location ?
If an image is deleted from the system , What will show in place of that deleted image ?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Leslie.

I'm not quite sure I understand your question.

If you are asking if YOU can access it, as-is, remotely, then the answer is no. It would have to be a network capable model and would need a sufficient internet connection to work.

This also means that in its current state, it would not be possible for someone else to hack or otherwise access it.

If someone were to access it on site, and delete some content, you'd see a skip in the timeline, if doing constant recording.

If doing only motion based recording, you wouldn't really be able to tell it had been tampered with.

You can set an admin password ***** restrict access to any functions other than live viewing though.