Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

The door on my 321 System will not open when the disc eject

Customer Question

Customer: The door on my 321 System will not open when the disc eject is pushed.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ***** *****: It worked fine and then one day it just would not open. I cannot pry it open either. I have not attempted to take it apart.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes Do you know if any base units are available for sale?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

This is caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.

Please unplug the Bose system from power, then press and hold the power button on the system for 15 seconds and release. Then wait a minute and press and hold the Eject button while plugging it back in. Continue to hold the Eject button for 15 full seconds or until the disc ejects (whichever comes first).

If this does not work the first time, then try those same steps up to three more times in the hopes to force the system to reset and eject the disc.

If this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the Eject mechanism in the 3 disc changer has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.