Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Yeasu FTdx 3000. It has a problem on 80 meters.

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Yeasu FTdx 3000. It has a problem on 80 meters. When I key up and talk, the volume cuts out. The meter still works and clearly sees the incoming signal, but the volume will not come on until I change bands. Do you know anything about this issue, have you heard of this before.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Did you read my note?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure do you know Yeasu FTDX 3000 radios
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the only easy user doable / proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

These would serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination. If not corrective, then it would point to an internal hardware issue.

If comfortably able and feel safe to do so, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron? It would help to likewise have access to a signal generator, scope and dummy load with wattmeter.