Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Yeasu FTdx 3000. It has a problem on 80 meters.

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Yeasu FTdx 3000. It has a problem on 80 meters. When I key up and talk, the volume cuts out. The meter still works and clearly sees the incoming signal, but the volume will not come on until I change bands. Do you know anything about this issue, have you heard of this before.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Did you read my note?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure do you know Yeasu FTDX 3000 radios
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the only easy user doable / proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

These would serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination. If not corrective, then it would point to an internal hardware issue.

If comfortably able and feel safe to do so, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron? It would help to likewise have access to a signal generator, scope and dummy load with wattmeter.