Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Why does the DMr-48v give me Error Please check the disc

Customer Question

Why does the DMr-48v give me Error Please check the disc message when there is nothing wrong with the disc?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

Follow the steps below to determine and attempt to cure the issue.
You can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.

If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at PC or AV retailers). Open the DVD cover, then spray the can approximately 10" from the lens to blow any dust off of it.
If it still doesn't work, you can opt to clean the lens eye itself, by using isopropyl alcohol, and a lint-free cloth to gently wipe the "eye". Then use a dry spot on the cloth to buff the eye clean.

If the DVD player is still not reading discs, then the lens or transport mechanism is faulty and would need to be replaced- which is on average a $150 repair, and not typically cost effective- as the unit can be replaced for about the same cost.

However if you'd like to have this repaired, you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.