Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

My Pioneer PD-F908 has played flawlessly last ten years.

Customer Question

My Pioneer PD-F908 has played flawlessly for the last ten years. This week when I turn it on, regardless of the fact the unit is fully loaded when I push play it reads no disk and moves to the next and repeats this again and again. It will play singles without a problem. Is this a cleaning issue? What can I do. We really like this unit.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Roger.

This points to a cleaning issue and is usually dust build up on the Lens.

Do you have a cleaning disk Roger?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a lens cleaner for my DVD player. Will that work here?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Do not try it please as it may have data which cannot be read by the CD player and can cause unknown issues and even a problem to eject.

You can get one made for a CD player here

http://www.amazon.com/Memorex-DVD-Lens-Cleaning-Kit/dp/B00008EM7U

Its very cheap and will run in your unit.

If this fails to resolve it it means the Lens itself has faulted and that would need replacing. Due to the age of the unit, I would advise to get a pricing first as the repair can exceed the value of the unit, so you would need to judge this first.

I have marked this question to never close so if you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you